Sunday, August 14, 2011

Joyful Sadness

What is Joyful Sadness to you? I have experienced Joyful Sadness many times. It is definitely the worst sadness to have. It is the feeling that you have when you are leaving a mission trip. You are joyful to be going home but sad to be leaving something where God has changed your life. Joyful sadness is hard. It is very hard to be joyful in sad times. Even though you know things are for the best things are very tough. My saddest times are when people I love move far away. I know that God has called them to serve somewhere else, but when someone has made such an impact on your life it is hard to let them go. After a while the sadness goes away but you still think of and miss that person. I know that God has experienced joyful sadness as well. When He let his son (Jesus) die on the cross it had to be the hardest sadness anyone could have ever felt. I bet it was hard to be joyful in that situation. I know that God walks with me and helps me get through the ups and downs in life. I am glad that He is by me guiding me down the pathway we call life. Even in the sad times Rejoice always, pray without ceasing in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you! 1Thessalonians 5:16-18. But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:25. May God be with you even in Joyful Sadness!

No comments:

Post a Comment