Thursday, July 21, 2011

Where are you going?

Over 200,000 people drive through Atlanta daily. Where are they going? What are they thinking about while they are sitting in traffic? They are multi-tasking by chatting, eating, or texting as they drive.  I was wondering about all of this today as I was driving through town. People in their busy lives are thinking about the million things that they have on their "to do" list. I wonder if spending time with God is on their "to do" list. What about yours? Where are they going? Do they really know where they are going? It might seem as if work and money are important but until your eternal future is planned, nothing in this world matters. I took this time to think about what God is trying to tell me. Where is he leading me? Am I doing well in following him or do I let things of this world take my attention off Him? I am trying my best to keep my eyes firmly planted on God and his purpose for me. While I sit in traffic I want to pray for others and gaze at the clouds and embrace the beauty that God has all around us! My mind turns to the old hymn: Turn your eyes upon Jesus, Look full in His wonderful face, And the things of earth will grow strangely dim, In the light of His glory and grace. So remember 1 Corinthians 10:31- Therefore, whether you eat or drink, (or drive), or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment